Baby Point Club Tennis Guiding Principles and Values:
- Baby Point Club is a community club where members treat each other with courtesy, respect and equity.
- The Club’s tennis courts are available for the use of all tennis members in good standing including children, youth and adults.
- At all times members are expected to act in accordance with these guiding principles and values, use good judgment and adhere to the rules below. Members who fail to do so may lose their privileges.
Baby Point Club Tennis Rules:
- Tennis courts are for tennis only. No bicycles, skateboards, roller blades are permitted.
- Appropriate tennis attire must be worn at all times while on the courts. No jeans or street shoes are permitted. Shirts must be worn at all times.
- Only members in good standing who have paid their tennis section fees may use the courts. This will be done on an honour system basis. *Please note that although shoe tags will not be used, the members only rule will be strictly enforced for all play and lessons.
- Courts that are not otherwise required for organised adult and junior tennis, lessons, summer camps and club and inter-club tournaments are available for reservation or, if not reserved, on a “first come, first served” basis”.
- Players who have reserved a court have preference over those who have not.
- Courts may be reserved up to one day in advance of the day of play by placing the member’s current year magnetic board tag in the desired time slot on the Court Reservation Board. For example, on Monday a member may use their magnetic board tag to reserve a court for Monday or Tuesday only; On Saturday a member may use their magnetic tag to reserve a court for Saturday or Sunday only. Members are required to remove their magnetic board tags after use.
- Groups of members may not reserve court time for successive hours by using different magnetic board tagse.g. a player reserving one hour and his or her opponent reserving the same or adjacent court for the second hour.After 1 hour of reserved time the court becomes available to waiting members on a “first come, first served” basis”.If no one is waiting, the players who reserved the previous hour may continue playing.
- If the reserving member whose magnetic tag has reserved a court time on the Court Reservation Board is not on court within 5 minutes past the reserved court start time the court becomes available to waiting members on a “first come, first served” basis”.
- Removing or moving another member’s magnetic board tag is not permitted unless the board tag has been left on the Court Reservation Board in error. In such cases the member’s tag should be placed at the bottom of the Court Reservation Board.
- Adult members have priority over junior members (16 years and under)only after 6.00pm daily.
- Guests of members may play with the membera maximum of 3 times during the season. Guests wanting to play more frequently are required to join Baby Point Club as tennis members.
- Members who have lost their magnetic board tag may order a replacement, at a cost of $5.00 per tag, from the Board of Governors’ Tennis representative.
- Please report any breach of the above principles, values and rules to the Board of Governors’ Tennis representative.
- The Board of Governors reserves the right to rescind an offending member’s privileges.