Registration for 2020 Summer camps will open on Monday, June 29th at 7:30 pm.
While we have tried to keep the summer camp program intact,, COVID-19 related municipal and provincial restrictions have required that we reduce camp sizes and add a number of safety protocols to keep our campers and community safe. We have added three half-day tennis camps to try and compensate but there is still a very limited number of spots available. If restrictions are relaxed prior to camp start dates, we may be in a position to add more campers. Please be sure to put your child on the WAITLIST if you don’t get a spot initially as we will contact those on the list in the order they registered if any spots become available.
COVID-19 SAFETY PROTOCOLS
- Kids/staff will be screened upon arrival daily for symptoms and be required to complete a waiver. If anyone begins to show symptoms during the day, they will be sent home immediately and all parents contacted.
- Kids/staff will be kept 2 metres apart whenever possible. Masks will be available if this is not possible and will be required in the clubhouse in the instance that all staff/kids are all in the enclosed space at the same time (ie rain days).
- There will be no sharing of equipment, toys, craft materials, food, etc.
- In full-day camps, there will be two groups of four kids. These cohorts will stay together and not intermingle with the other cohort other than at lunch when all will eat together on the lawn at the appropriate physical distance. Campers will bring their own lunch and take all waste home with them at the end of the day.
- Staff and kids will wash their hands with soap for 20 seconds at the change of each activity and will be required to sanitize their hands regularly.
- All COVID tennis court rules will apply.
- Additional clubhouse rules are being developed which may impact clubhouse use.
Registration is available to tennis section members only during the initial 48 hours (or longer as advised). Children may be registered for ONE camp only during the initial 48 hours. When notified, if there are spaces remaining, you may register for multiple camps, and non-tennis section members of the Baby Point Club will be invited to register their children. A wait list will be created on the website once the session is full. Only people who are on that wait list will be eligible, and spaces will be given on a first come, first served basis.
Half-Day Tennis Camp
Maximum 4 participants
These half-day morning (9 am to noon) and afternoon (1 pm to 4 pm) camps are geared towards kids who have some experience in tennis and want to work on their techniques. During this camp they will learn safe warm-up exercises and have lots of activities on the court.
Full-Day Tennis & Sport Camp
Maximum 8 participants
The full-day (9 a.m. – 4 p.m.) tennis camp is designed for kids who have experience with tennis and are ready for the next level with a full day of tennis, basketball, soccer, and other sports.