In 1919, Home Smith considered selling the one-acre site at the junction of Baby Point Road and Baby Point Crescent, shown as BLOCK C. However, Ann Bell, and other residents, convinced him to reserve the site for a community club. In 1923, interested persons bought the land for $5,000. Baby Point Club Limited was issued its letter patent on November 30, 1923.
The original clubhouse was started in 1930. Access to the basement was through a trap door and ladder. The first President, Urias Charles Hamiliton, lived at 19 Baby Point Crescent, and provided a $2,500 mortgage. He also donated the fence and gates around the Club in memory of his late wife. A.H. Lundy, who resided at 15 Baby Point Crescent (later moving to 70 Baby Point Road), provided the fences and gate through his company, Lundy Fence Company Ltd. Later extensions added a kitchen and washroom, while expanding the main floor meeting room, as well as the entrance way and patio.
In 1963, a sink and counter were installed in the Ladies Power Room and the door was relocated. Kitchen cupboards were also added for a total cost of $148.25. That same year, the Ladies’ Section raised money to install an acoustic ceiling and new lighting.
In January 1979 updates included a new roof, new furnace, kitchen refurbishments, and the chimney was cleaned and rebuilt. On the outside gutters were rebuilt around the bowling greens, awning surrounding the greens attractive and beautiful flower boxes donated by Vi Plewes of 52 Humbercrest Blvd.
The last upgrade to the club was in 2015, the results of which we enjoy today!